Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
One Step Equations with Rational Coefficients
Transcript of One Step Equations with Rational Coefficients
with Rational Coefficients Solve linear equations with rational
What is a
multiplicative inverse? SPI 0706.3.6 When you multiply reciprocals, you always end up with a product of 1. Fraction Coefficients Sometimes the coefficient of a term in a multiplication equation is a fraction.
If that's the case, just
multiply each side by
the reciprocal of the coefficient. Solve 1/2m = 8 Step 1 Write your equation.
Step 2 Multiply each side by the reciprocal of 1/2 which is 2/1.
Step 3 Simplify. The multiplicative inverse of a fraction is a fraction in which the numerator and denominator have switched positions. This is also known as a reciprocal. Let's look at an example...