Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ADVERBS 4 (A06)
Transcript of ADVERBS 4 (A06)
- We know that they usually appear between the Subject and the Aux./Verb. However, you can use them at the beginning of the sentence to express EMPHASIS, but you have to make certain changes...
a) Never have I eaten cat in my life.
b) Never do we watch that TV program.
c) Seldom am I on time for class. What are the changes?
( IN PAIRS) Negative Adverbs -Never (before)
-In no way
-No way (informal)
-Not only...but also
-Only = For example: -Hardly ever do young people watch soap operas. EXERCISES a)She seldom loses her keys. b)We had hardly left when she called us. c)She rarely went to parties. d)He not only won the race but also set up a new record. (ON THE BOARD) - Here my mom comes. (Is this sentence Ok?) NO " Here/There can also be inverted."
* Here comes my mom * Here she comes. Be careful ! You can invert Subject and Verb when the subject is a noun, NOT A PRONOUN. Here comes she