Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Writing an Opinion or Persuasive Essay
Transcript of Writing an Opinion or Persuasive Essay
We are working on writing an opinion, or persuasive, essay.
We've found a dig site, dug up facts, and organized our facts into an outline. What now?
The First Sentence
Now we begin our essay. How?
We began our research with a question, so why not begin your essay with a question.
We will be trying to convince someone that the place we researched is the best place to live.
Questions, quotes, and other powerful statements are great ways to begin your opinion essay.
The Second Sentence
State your claim. Offer your opinion as an answer to the question you started out with.
Back Up Your Opinion
In the third, and maybe the fourth, sentence you will need to back up your claim by giving three reasons you think this way. In this statement, you will need to use the three "small cloud" words from your outline.
Then we will write a paragraph for each "small cloud" topic, finishing our essays next week.