Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Missionaries: Jason & Sarah Marlin
Transcript of Missionaries: Jason & Sarah Marlin
-Adopted Sarah -Born in Dublin, GA June 29, 2011 When did they leave to serve? 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
New International Version (NIV) How long will they be there? They will be there for 3 years then come back to the USA for about 6 mon. then head back to India for a second term. These are the verses that they take to heart and try to live out by ... Jason :
He has trained around 200 pastors/leaders
- He started the day training local pastors and ended the day with a worship service.
He got a scooter for transportation.
- Scooters are the best way to get from his house to other cities.
She started an English class on August 3, 2012
- She teaches it herself. Where are they serving right now? Country - Bhopal, India
State - Madhya, Pradesh Accomplishments Jason -Born in Murfeesboro, TN Pictures of Bhopal Vikaram: seats about 9 people A Hindi girls school dismissal. It is mango season! Pictures of what they are doing. Someone's home A girl who begs for money from them everyday. Jason sharing the gospel to a lady. Men praying after church service. 1. They go to Hindi school to learn the language so they can communicate and teach the people about Christ in their native language. Background Information 2. Their state is a very closed place and it still prosecutes legally and persecuted for converting people to Christianity. In their state believers must have legal documents before they are 'legally' allowed to be baptized. - The IMB requires them to reach advanced in the language before they can leave the apprentice level and gain a long-term status. 3. Jason uses a small hand-held dry-erase board to teach to India Telling the whole ... What they are doing. 1. Jason works with pastors on how to multiply their churches and travels all over the state and to different cities to teach them.
2. They work to help churches to create new churches, so the story of Christ can be spread even faster. (The more churches we have to spread the good news - the faster people can hear it.)
3. They have told many people about Christ just by putting up a Christmas tree.
4. They do an Easter egg hunt with the children in their neighborhood and tell the Easter story.
5. They tell whoever they come in contact with about Christ. WORLD Missionaries = Servants God's Faithful Jesus About Title https://www.dropbox.com/l/qVUOiSdwcEmbXcEG This the video Jason made about his ministry. This the paper we had to do with this project. You'll have to press escape before viewing the video We chose to do our project on the Marlin Family. Jason Marlin was born in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and his wife Sarah was born in Dublin, Georgia. They have two children who are both adopted. Jack, who is nine years old, was born in Kirovograd, Ukraine. Max, who is five, was born in Tallahassee, Florida. The Marlin Family serves in India. They moved to India on June 29, 2011. The Marlins live in Bhopal, India in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Since moving to India, the family has accomplished many things. Jason Marlin travels all over the state and works with pastors in different cities and villages. He teaches the pastors how to multiply their churches. The Marlins work to help churches create new churches so that the story of Christ can be spread. The Marlins also have done things in their neighborhood to spread the good news of the gospel. Each year, they put up a Christmas tree in their neighborhood. The Marlins say that the neighbors enjoy stopping by to ask questions about the celebration of Christmas. Also, around Easter, they hold an Easter Egg Hunt for the children in their neighborhood. During this time, they are able to share the Easter Story with them. Next year, Sarah hopes to teach art classes and weave Bible Stories into the lessons. The Marlins also share the gospel with people they come into contact with such as their house helper, Hindi teachers, and store workers.
I believe we can learn from the Marlin family and other missionaries about sharing the gospel. We do not need to feel like we need to go to a third world country to share the gospel. We can share it in our schools, neighborhoods, cities, and states. We, as disciples of Christ, should spread His word just as Mark 16:15 says Jesus said to his followers, “Go everywhere in the world, and tell the Good News to everyone.” This is a video that Jason made of his ministry.