Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TTT Summer 2013
Transcript of TTT Summer 2013
When Bias Goes Bad
Iceberg Model of Culture
How incorporating universal design learning (UDL) principles can increase success for all of your students
3) Connecting the Dots:
Explore how using a combination of modalities and teaching methods can help your students learn more
2) The Multimodal Approach to Presenting Information:
How creating a safe and inclusive learning environment can help students to be more engaged
1) Open Systems Thrive while Closed Systems Die:
Diversity & Inclusion are integral to the mission which requires that all of us contribute to building a community with a climate of openness and respect.
Creating Inclusive Learning Environments
What strategies have you used to minimize bias?
Bias Influences judgment
How might this affect your judgment in assessing ones performance?
Increase Awareness of your own
Pain and reactions to discrimination activate exact same regions of the brain
The brain is then occupied with these “pain” signals
What happens when the learning environment
Is not safe?