Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sarajevo
Latitude and Longitude
Latitude: 43.8476° N
Longitude: 18.3564° E
518 m (1,699 ft)
Sarajevo's climate is temperate.
Coldest temperature: -26.2°C (25 January 1942)
41°C (23 August 2008)
When was Sarajevo founded? By whom?
Sarajevo has a very long history. In the 1450s, Sarajevo was founded by the Ottoman Empire. The first known Ottoman governer of Bosnia was Isa-Beg Išaković.
Four Important Events of Sarajevo
- Sarajevo along with the rest of Bosnia was occupied by the Ottoman Empire for 500 years (15th-19th century)
- Sarajevo along with the rest of Bosnia was occupied by Austria-Hungary (1878-1918)
- Siege of Sarajevo (began on April 5th 1992)
- Bosnian War (began on April 6th 1992)
Major Companies of Sarajevo
What is the status of Sarajevo? How would a travel guide describe your city today?
Sarajevo is one of the most historical cities in Europe. Sarajevo was ranked one of the top ten cities to visit in 2010, and was also ranked the second best city to visit on the Balkan Peninsula, after Athens, Greece.
Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque
Explanation of Problems Sarajevo Faces
- In snowy winters, the airports close, leaving the people without transportation. Since it snows a lot in Sarajevo, this situation occurs many times.
- Since Sarajevo is surrounded by many tall mountains, it is very difficult to use a car as transportation to travel to this city.
- Even after such a long time after the Bosnian War, Sarajevo still faces economic problems, because many buildings and houses were burnt down and destroyed.