Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Obama
What's become clear since President Obama took office is that the state of the economy and the state of Washington were even worse than we knew in 2008.
President Obama quite simply has a better long-term vision for the country than Romney or Paul. What has Obama done since 2008? Democrats and progressives tend to have a glass-half-empty mentality, in which we focus on the disappointments rather than celebrate the accomplishments. We often forget that facing some of the most adverse circumstances imaginable, President Obama has accomplished an incredible amount. In a 2010 interview with Rolling Stone, President Obama noted, "I keep in my pocket a checklist of the promises I made during the campaign, and here I am, halfway through my first term, and we've probably accomplished 70 percent of the things that we said we were going to do. So I think that it is very important for Democrats to take pride in what we've accomplished." He made change ! Realizing what Obama has done. 1. Within his first week, he signed an Executive Order ordering an audit of government contracts, and combating waste and abuse.
2. Pushed through and signed the Democratic-sponsored American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as “the stimulus package.” The bill passed, even though only three Republicans voted for it. In a major departure from the previous administration, he launched recovery.gov, a website that allows taxpayers to track spending from the Act.
3. Signed the Democratic-sponsored Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act giving the federal government more tools to investigate and prosecute fraud in every corner of the financial system, and create a bipartisan Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission to investigate the financial fraud that led to the economic meltdown. 4. Initiated a $15 billion plan designed to encourage increased lending to small businesses.
5. Along with Congressional Democrats, provided funding to states and the Department of Homeland Security to save thousands of police and firefighter jobs from being cut during the recession. There is more to see.. 6. Avocated that United Nations adopt a policy supporting gay rights worldwide.
7. Issued an order requiring hospitals to allow visitation by same-sex couples.
There are 193 more accomplishments Obama has done. Not Done Yet...