Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How salty does the sea have to be for an egg to float
Transcript of How salty does the sea have to be for an egg to float
Density is the mass of an object divided into its volume.Mostly it is a measure of how tightly packed the molecule structure an ,object is.Density is formally laid out in the Archimedes principal.For any object to float in any liquid the weight of the volume of the object must be greater than than the weight of the object itself.Water has a Density of one.To determine the density of the egg we would have to weigh the first.If we put the egg in a graduated cylinder filled with water displaced.We can find its exact volume.By dividing the mass by the volume we can find the density.The density of the regular egg will be slightly greater than that of the water,so of course it will sink.In order to make the egg float, we have to make the water more dense by adding salt.One cup of water,adding 3 tbsp. of salt should be about enough to make the egg float.
Research was found on wwww,ehow.com
If I put enough salt in the water,then my egg will float
How salty does the sea have to be for an egg to float?