Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Methodologies for educational planning
Transcript of Methodologies for educational planning
4. Challenges and Opportunities
5. Outcomes and M&E Presented by: Collette, Jennifer, Juliane, Mary and Mohamud Background and Context More than twenty years, Somalia has been the absolute centre of a volatile and violent armed conflict amongst Somalis (Harper, 2012). From 2000 to 2007 less than 25% of children had access to primary education
Sporadic fights hinder Somali children to walk to school safely
Functional schools are scarce and lack basic resources and qualified teachers
Hundreds of thousands of young people are deprived of continuous to access to basic education
Increasingly, young people turn to piracy, sign on with tribal militias, or are condemned to a life of hard labour “Planning is the design of a desired future and of effective ways of bringing it about.” Methodologies Mintzberg 1994 Strategic Planning is Strategy Formation
The Core ‘Design School’ Model SWOT Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat Implementation Main Goal: Increased access to quality educational services for emergency-affected populations in Somalia. Major Project Activities: Establishment of systems and system strengthening
Institutional capacity development Challenges and Advantages (cc) image by anemoneprojectors on Flickr Challenges Opportunities Context Methodology Implementation Gender imbalance
Quality of education services INEE Minimum Standards Framework Specific Objectives: 1. Participation 2. Coordination 3. Education policy Funding and donor needs
Technology resources Ownership Decentralization
Strong local authorities Formalised process
Inclusive methodology Increased access to education
Quality improvement Outcomes and M&E Desired outcomes: improve the number of children in primary and secondary school Approximate benchmarks: year 1 + 10% year 2-3 + 20% year 3-5 +30% During planning we need access to most recent data on attainment pre-conflict and during the conflict. The challenge: lack of access to education in Somalia in the context of ongoing war Our proposal: mobile schools and virtual learning during conflict breakout Would you like to work with us? Introduction of mobile training schools
Integrated life-saving information
Construction and rehabilitation