Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Transcript of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Erika Louise C. Pilapil
Mary Abegail A. Razo
What is Front Office?
Front Office of a Hotel is the most important place. It is also known as the “Nerve center “of the whole establishment. The first employees who come into contact with most Guests are the Front Office staff.
On Guest Arrival
Greet the guest. Inquire the Last name / First name of the guest. Search for the reservation record and print registration card (if the same is not pre-printed)
Present the Registration Card to guest for verifying / reconfirming pre-printed details like:
• First Name, Last Name.
• Arrival Date and Time.
• Departure Date, Expected time of departure.
• Room Rate.
• Room Number.
• Room Type.
• Method of payment.
• Billing instructions.
• Meal Plan
It has been told that “First Impression is the host impression”. So it is very important to know How to greet the hotel guest politely when he/she enters in the hotel premises. You must use Formal and as language Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening etc. Informal: what is up, long time no see, yeah.
Registration procedures are gins at Front Desk/Reception counter. Front desk personnel should always be ready to smile at all the times while greeting the guest.
As the guest approves the reception he/she must be greeted nearby with dedicated attention eye-to-eye contact. It is very important for reception to bear in mind that the guest who is warmly blamed with sincere greeters will feel expert similar attention from other hotel offices.
There is an axel rule practiced by the front office staffs/receptionists.
-Guests have mentality to judge a hotel by his first 10 minutes visit. So, dairy this time if he gets well professional services then they will have positive thoughts about the hotel.
- A receptionist should greet 10 feet before he/she comes to reception. This make a fervidly atmosphere.
Basic Telephone Etiquette.
What all points should be taken care of while answering a call?
• Phone should be answered within three rings.
• Smile even though you are on the telephone.
• Sit or stand up straight.
• Use a low voice pitch.
• Match your speaking rate to the caller's.
• Avoid extremes in volume.
Standard Phrase: How to answer an External call?Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), (Your Hotel Name), How may I help you.How to answer Internal Guest calls?Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening) Mr. _________ (Guest last name), This is ________(Your first name), How may I help you.How to answer interdepartmental calls?Wish according to the time of the day (Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening), this is _______ (Your first name), How may I help you.
How to cancel Reservations in Hotels
1) Obtain Guest name or Reservation number
2) Search for reservation on the PMS
3) Re-confirm the reservation details with the guest, No. of rooms, Arrival and departure date.
4) Ask guest whether he / she would like to make an alternate reservation.
5) Request the reason for Cancellation.
6) Record the reason for cancellation on PMS.
7) Provide the cancellation number to the guest.
If the reservation is a Guaranteed Reservations:8) It should be according to cancellation timings which is mention in cancellation policy of the hotel.9) If cancellation is made by someone other than guest then the reservation agent should record the details of the caller e.g.:- Name and Mobile number on the reservation record.10) Always mention Retention charges (if applicable according to your hotel policy) for any confirm reservation.11) Should have written mail for charging retention on credit card.12) Always send mail for retention bill and confirmation of cancellation.
If the reservation is a Guaranteed Reservations:
8) It should be according to cancellation timings which is mention in cancellation policy of the hotel.
9) If cancellation is made by someone other than guest then the reservation agent should record the details of the caller e.g.:- Name and Mobile number on the reservation record.
10) Always mention Retention charges (if applicable according to your hotel policy) for any confirm reservation.
11) Should have written mail for charging retention on credit card.
12) Always send mail for retention bill and confirmation of cancellation.
Do’s and Don’ts in Front Office
1) Establish Eye contact while speaking to guest.
2) Greet everybody you meet and see, with a smile.
3) Address guests and team mates by name at all possible opportunity.
4) When guest ask for direction always guide the way.
5) Never tell a guest that you are tired, working long hours or want to go home.
6) Maintain your work area -keep it clean.
7) Pick up any debris.
8) Do a follow up on anything you do for a guest by contacting them personally.
9) Listen to guest complaints / requests carefully if required pen down the details but never contradict or interrupt.
10) Never discriminate against any people, regardless of nationality, race, religion, color, sex or appearance, Give equal treatment for all.
11) Do NOT insult the guest.
12) Do NOT make promises that exceed your authority.
13) Don't argue with the guest.
14) Always stay calm.
15) Avoid responding with hostility and defensiveness.
16) Don't promise the impossible, instead offer alternate choice.
17) Do report incidents on Log book or to superiors this will help to do any service recovery if needed.