Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
April 23rd - RSS Pro - D
Transcript of April 23rd - RSS Pro - D
cross grade peer interaction
learning outcomes constant
everything else variable
No set (ie traditional) timetable
Diversity - of experiences, interactions, of experts...
Increase in experiential learning opportunities
Students assigned to a course, but not individual teachers
Less learning outcomes - means deeper learning
Integrated learning experiences across curriculum and across grades
Flexible Scheduling - individual students AND staff... Therefore time management emphasized.
Teacher Advisor program key
Courses organized around:
Key learning outcomes and attributes
Modules to best achieve these
String of modules constitutes learning path
English Language Arts
* All courses are like maps. They start with “What do I need to know and what do I need to be able to do?” These are the Learning Outcomes and Competencies.
* A full four credit course is broken down into 30 units. Students aim to complete, on average, one unit per day.
* Courses are organized around Learning Modules. Some of these modules are essential or available as options. Some are sequential and others not.
* An individual’s choice of modules constitutes a Learning Path.
* Learners can take modules that cross curriculums and meet requirements in multiple courses (ie. a small group workshop series on effective research skills)
Modules - Formats, strategies and categories that courses draw from in their modules include:
* self paced
* small group
* large group
* seminar series
o independent design
o community linked
o inquiry based
o single person
o multiple person
* Resource areas and not classrooms
* Specialty areas still exist and experts are available to assist with learning experiences
* Resource areas are shared areas
* Private office space is available for consultation, meetings and advisement
* Technology and access to is an important
Advisor - assist with management of learning/goal setting
Assist students in resource areas
Run seminars/small groups
Collaborate with other teachers
Create project opportunities - Inquiry and Community
Monitor and assess student work on Moodle
Schedule events/sign up
Arrange guest speakers
Meet with teacher advisor
Plan daily/weekly schedule and long term goals
Sign up for courses: F2F, sm. groups, PE modules, 1 on 1
Independent learning: Moodle
Look for cross curricular PLOs and design Relevant learning experiences
Negotiate experiences and ways of demonstrating learning
Key Learning Outcomes
essential or options?
sequential or not?
We learn a lot from our youth...
Know what you want.
Be willing to do what's necessary.
Daily habits toward you goals.
With the attitude of gratitude.
Enjoy the journey!!