Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jeanne Baret
Born in the village of La Comelle in the Burgundy region of France.
About Jeanne Baret
More about Jeanne Baret
Monday, October 2017
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Jeanne Baret was the first women to circumnavigate the globe.
She had to disguise as a man to do it.
When she disguised herself as a man, her name was Jean Baret.
She sailed the ship as a valet and assistant of a naturalist, Philibert Commerson.
She joined the world expedition of Admiral Louis - Antoine de Bougainville from 1766 to 1769.
She had a child who was born in December 1764.
Unfortunately, her child only lived 1 year.
Her father was a day laborer, so she grew up poor in a rural area.
Her family worked for the local landlords in the fields.
In this environment, Baret became a herb woman, an expert at identifying, gathering, and preparing useful plants to cure illnesses.