Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Berkshelf 3.0
Why do I care?
Connect to multiple Chef servers
Improved existing commands
Preparations for the future
Evolving Berkshelf for our needs
Not just a dependency resolver
A tool for
The API Server
JSON/Binary API over HTTP
Hosted at https://api.berkshelf.com
Host yours internally
Aggregates a universe of known cookbooks from multiple 'endpoints'
... more to come (issue #27, #28)
With the API Server we can build a complete graph of all known cookbooks from your endpoints and choose the "best one" according to your Berksfile
Beta out now
gem install berkshelf --pre
Github Cache Builder
FileSystem Cache Builder
pull requests welcome ;)
Beta API Server
Quality of life with Vagrant-Berkshelf
Chef-Zero + ChefClient default provisioner
Standardize on dependency resolver with Opscode
Standardize on REST Client with Opscode
Tighter integration with existing Community Site.
Perhaps something completely new.
Don't want to install the API Server?