Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Question Tags
Transcript of Copy of Question Tags
The Tag Question is a statement followed by a short question.
We use Tag Questions at the end of statements to ask fo confirmation.
is turned into a question by the tag
You're Jonh, aren't you?
Sentence , tag question ?
auxiliary verb + pronoun
a lot of books, doesn't he?
read this book,
read this book, shouldn't he?
read this book,
Statements with negative adverbs :
(Never, Rarely, Seldom, Hardly, Barely and Scarcely)
He never came again, did he?
She rarely comes, does she?
I'm not late, am I ?
Tag Questions with imperatives
1. The window / open ____________________________
2. The shoes / buy _______________________________
3. The car / wash ________________________________
4. The litter / throw away ________________________
5. The letter / send _______________________________
Put in the passive form of the SIMPLE PRESENT tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. When thieves are arrested_
they are taken (take) to a police station.
2. The battery in my car ____________
quite often and it _________
if it is no good.
3. Books _________
from the library on Friday and then they _________
4. Sometimes traffic signs _____________
down by careless motorists. If they ___________
away to be repaired.
5. Sometimes children ____________
in old mining pools which ___________
in a dangerous condition.
Rewrite the sentences in past simple passive voice
1. Somebody hit me. ________________________________
2. We stopped the bus. ______________________________
3. A thief stole my car. _______________________________
4. They didn't let him go. _____________________________
5. She didn't win the prize. ____________________________
Put in the passive form of the SIMPLE PAST tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. Our team
was beaten (beat)
in the final.
2. I think it ___________
sometime during the night.
3. The sandwiches ________ soon ________
4. The spare parts ___________
urgently so they ____________
up from the supplier.
5. These books ____________
from the boys in another class.
6. The injured man _____________
to an ambulance.
Passive voice in simple present
1. The documents / print
The document are printed