Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Polluted Cities
By: Sarah Chae - 4th Period
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Topographical Features: Blue Ridge Mountains, Piedmont, and Valley and Ridge
AQI: Particles (PM2.5) - 21
CO: 3.3 ppm
NO2: 49 ppb
O3: 0.075 ppm
SO2: 45 ppb
Particulate Matter: Particles (PM2.5) - 12 ug/m3
Atlanta VS New York
Population: 8.337 million
Topographical Features: the Hudson River and the Atlantic Ocean
AQI: Particles (PM2.5) - 65
CO: 1.9 ppm
NO2: 48 ppb
O3: 0.75 ppm
SO2: 29 ppb
Particulate Matter: Particles (PM2.5) - 10 ug/m3
1. Explain the effects of the air quality on the local environment
a. What environmental problems have occurred in the local area?
i. Include respiratory disease incidence rates
ii. Discuss any issues with acid precipitation
2. Include respiratory disease incidence rates
a. Discuss any issues with acid precipitation
3. What regulations are in place to help the cities air quality?
4. What can these cities do to increase their air quality? In other words, what can they do in addition to the
regulations that are already in place?
David, Michael. "Air Pollution Statistics." ThinkQuest. Oracle Foundation, n.d. Web. 21 Feb. 2014. <http://library.thinkquest.org/26026/Environment_Watch/air_pollution_statistics.html>.
"AIRNow." AIRNow. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Feb. 2014. <http://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.main>.
"Contact Us." EPA. Environmental Protection Agency, n.d. Web. 21 Feb. 2014. <http://www.epa.gov/airtrends/index.html>.
Altanta's pollution has increased bit by bit each year it is better than New York's polltion. Every year the amount of pollution is increasing more in New York. If we don't try tofix the pollution in New York it could cause more air pollution in the city. Also cause even worse to the near by cities in New York and the near by states there.