Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Themes in "The Censors"
Transcript of Themes in "The Censors"
Restricted societies can cause people to change
Juan's hasty decision of joining the Censorship Bureau was caused by his fear of being being caught by the censors. His new job made him extremely devoted and loyal to the Bureau, which later caused him to censor his own letter, resulting in Juan being executed.
By: Samana Syed and M. Usama Hussain
: Power that is not shared by many corrupts the few who possess it.
After mailing the letter to Mariana, Juan realizes that his letter might get censored. Juan is accustomed to the rules of the society and therefore, he takes an action to avoid trouble in the society.
A central message or purpose from the author to the reader regarding a subject in a literary work.
One can become their own enemy when facing difficult circumstances
Impulsive decision-making can result in many consequences
Juan turns himself and his letter in to the censors, resulting in his own death.