Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson Plan - Pronunciation - 2n MEP
Transcript of Lesson Plan - Pronunciation - 2n MEP
Maialen Arriaga, Gisela Barea,
Sandra Coto and Gemma Grabulosa
Step by step
Miss Cake the Cook
Lesson Plan - Pronunciation - 14th June, 2013
-To practice phonetic and phonological aspects within a meaningful context and in a useful way for children.
- School placed in a little village.
- Second grade of Primary School.
- 15 pupils, together since P3.
- English at school since they were 3.
- Always contextualized work
and real application.
- Active participation and dynamic projects.
- To work on long and short vowel sounds.
- To practice some specific words about food, focusing on
the vowel sounds and pronouncing them properly.
- To learn new vocabulary about food.
-APPROXIMATE TIME: 15 minutes
-MATERIAL: Food flashcards.
EXAMPLES OF THE WORDS RELATED TO PRONUNCIATION:
EXAMPLES OF THE WORDS RELATED TO PRONUNCIATION
-SPACE: Kitchen of the school
-APPROXIMATE TIME: 5 minutes per pairs
-MATERIAL: Video camera and food flashcards.
Let's film !
Thank you for
Do you have
- The teacher will say a word related to food and show a flashcard.
- Children will have to guess if the vowel sounds in the word
are long or short.
- Long vowel= long step / Short vowel=short step
-To be able to communicate and send a message tho Miss Cake the Cook.
-To make use of the learned vocabulary and pronounce it properly.
-To practice and review consonant and vowel sounds in a useful context.
-To use ICT resources in order to film and edit a video.
- KID'S BOX 2 book as a guide for the teacher.
- TOPIC: FOOD
- Real situation: Miss Cake the Cook is coming
to work to our school next year.
- We have been requested to tell her about our favorite
food and tastes so that she can work on the menu.
- Final task (video) + two activities to work on pronunciation.
- Whole unit about food.
- Work mainly focused on oral language skills.
-To work on consonant sounds.
-To practice vocabulary about food, pronouncing the words properly.
- To learn new vocabulary about food.
Food (real and toys) baskets, weighing scales, packages, fake money...
- The teacher, together with the pupils, will prepare baskets
with different types of food like a stand in the market.
- However, food will be classified according to the consonant sounds of the words.
- Children will have to pretend they go shopping, and pick up food from each basket.
- They will have to ask for what they want and pronounce the words properly.
POST ALVEOLAR SOUNDS
- Each pupil will have to choose his/her favorite food and
stick a flashcard in his/her forehead.
- Per pairs, they will go in front of the camera and explain
Miss Cake the Cook what is each other's favorite food.
Of course they will have to pronounce it well
so that she can understand us!
- Later on we will edit the video and send it to her.
- She is Clàudia and her favorite di
- Guillem loves ch
- Globalized and interdisciplinary process.
- Active participation. Dynamic activities.
- Contextualized and meaningful learning.
- Main focus on oral language skills.
- Working on pronunciation: emphasis and
intention but not persistent correction.