Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Camera
- They have become popular rapidly.
-The first consumer-oriented digital cameras were sold by Kodak and Apple in 1994.
- A digital image is basically a long string of 1's and 0's that represent all of the tiny colored dots called "pixels'' that make up the image. Roots The Camera Obscura
- The next improvement to the camera was the camera obscura.
-This extraordinarily made camera was made by Abu Ali Al-Hasan Ibn al-Haitham in the 19th century.
- Many elements that make up the pinhole camera helped establish the camera obscura.
-"Camera Obscura'' means dark room, which well describes what the camera looks like. It is a box made of wood or metal that lets light in through a small hole on the side.
- This camera was developed to illustrate how the eye processes an image. The Camera -The first color photograph was taken by Thomas Sutton in 1861.
-A mathematician that helped Thomas discovered that color photos could be formed by using red, green, and blue filters.
-He had Thomas take a picture of a tartan ribbon three times, each with a different color filter over the lens.
-The three images were projected and developed on a screen with three projectors, each equipped with the same color filter used to take the picture.
-When brought together the three photos formed a full color image. 1685- The first portable camera is built by Johann Zahn. 1865- The first underwater photograph
is taken by William Thompson using
a watertight box. By: Ashlyn Moore and Alisa Andrews The Pinhole - The earliest event in camera history is when Sir. Isaac Newton discovered that white light consisted of various colors.
- By the 11th century the idea for the camera was already developing.
- At first cameras were only used as optical toys.
- The first American patent for photography was awarded to Alexander Wolcott in 1840. - The first pinhole camera was made by Roger Bacon.
- The pinhole camera was very different than most cameras at the time, because the camera admitted light through a tiny hole instead of having the light come through a clear glass lens. Timeline 1871- 1880- The first concealed/disguised camera, also known as a spy camera is used in many hats, watches, and other objects. 1949- The first disposable cardboard camera is made. 1961- The first "Film-less" camera concept or idea is born. 1975- The first digital camera
is invented by Steven J. Sasson. 1827- A French inventor, Joseph Nie'pce produced the first permanent camera. 1861- The first colored photogragh
was taken by Thomas Sutton. Digital Cameras - In 1867 William Lincoln patented moving drawings that would later be called movies.
-In 1890's Edison and his assistant begin developing the "Motion Picture Product''. He and his staff develop a horizontal-feed motion picture camera.
- In 1891 and 1892 Edison creates a peephole viewing machine ;also called a kinetoscope.
-Edison also used a one and a half inch film in his vertical feed film. "The Blacksmith Scene'' becomes the first commercial-length modern motion picture in 1893.
- From April 1894 through February 1895 Edison's Film sales exceed to $177,000. -http://www.pictureshowman.com/timeline_1890_1899.cfm
*Google Images* -1900- British Filmmaker James Williamson produces "The Big Shallow''.
-1902- George Melies produces his magnificent "Voyage to the Moon''. Most movies began like this video. Film makers would put together lots of pictures and flip through them fast to give the illusion of the pictures moving. In this video you will see an example of how the first motion picture were made. Impact -The camera has given many people world wide the oppertunity to capture picture perfect moments in time.
-The camera has also helped historians a chance to look at what our early days must have looked like.
-Cameras are also often used byt the FBI, they use them as spy cameras.
-Many businesses use cameras for security and safety every day.
-when we see old photographs many people feel as thought they're reliving the past. Also unlike pictures cameras are exact and accurate.
-Cameras also bring people to justice, as displayed in the Boston Marathon. And without the cameras we may not have found the bomber as fast.