Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of desmond tutu
He was born on 7th October 1931 in Klerkdorp, a city in South Western Province, South Africa.
Although born a Methodist, he became an Anglican when his family changed religion.He went to school in South Africa but came to London for his university education. He studied theology at Kings College, London where my daddy works.
His wife is called Nomalizo Leah Shenxane
Desmond has 4 children: Mpho Andrea Tutu, Trevor Thamsanqa Tutu, Naomi Nontombi Tutu and Theresa Thandeka Tutu.
* an activist is someone who tries to persuade governments to change or not to change laws.
** apartheid: a system of racial segregation which gave the black people few thing they were allowed to do. Apartheid was developed after World War II by the mean white people of south africa who is he? He is famous for his nonviolent fighting against aparthied, a horrible white government ruling unfair to the black people
Desmond Tutu received the 1984 Nobel peace prize for him being the leader of the people who were doing nonviolent work against apartheid.
Desmond Mpilo Tutu was appointed and ordained as the first Black Anglican Bishop of Johannesburg a month after winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984.
The following year(1985) he was elected archbishop of Cape Town, which made him the head of the Anglican Church with a 1.6 million membership in South Africa. He used this position to fight more effectively against the Apartheid system in the country. what he is famous for by
Mulligan... ...the awesome.