Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Williams Sisters
Transcript of The Williams Sisters
By the time she was 11, she was a junior tennis superstar with a 63-0 record. Venus & Serena Venus & Serena Williams are the daughters of Richard Williams and Oracene Price.
Venus was born on June 21, 1980.
Serena was born on September 26, 1981. An 11 year-old Venus with her father / coach Richard Williams. At the age of 9, Serena attended a tennis academy in West Palm Beach, Florida along with Venus.
At 13, Serena was pulled out of the academy by her father to begin her professional tennis career. In 1999 at the U.S. Open, 17 year-old Serena became the 1st African American woman to win a Grand Slam (tennis championship) since Althea Gibson did it in 1958. Serena would go on to win it again in 2002, 2008, & 2012.
Venus would eventually win the same championship at the U.S. Open in 2000 and 2001. Both Venus and Serena have four Olympic gold medals Venus & Serena have overcome:
The murder of their older sister Yetunde Price Resources: