Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Arch Method
Transcript of The Arch Method
Part 2 The Arch Method Part 1 "What is the author doing?" "How is he/she doing it?" A systematic approach to breaking down the prompt into its key parts so that you can address the prompt directly and coherently. Consider the following prompt:
"The passage below is from an autobiography. After reading the passage carefully, write an essay analyzing how the author uses juxtaposition of ideas, choice of details, and other aspects of style to reveal the kind of person she is." The "What"... What kind of person is she? Your thesis will answer this question... The "Hows"... From the prompt:
"juxtaposition of ideas"
"choice of details" From your own observations:
Point of View
Repetition of Key Phrases Linking the "How" to the "What" Creates commentary by using such words and phrases as:
"in order to"
"creates suspense" As you read, jot down notes and thoughts about what kind of person she is below the arch... For example... The author repeats key phrases in order to emphasize her struggles with obsessive-compulsive disorder...