Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ancient Greece
Philo of Byzantium (280220 BC) invented the Gimbal.(strickland,2013)
The description of the first gimbal was an eight-sided ink pot with an opening on each side, which can be turned so that while any face is on top, a pen can be dipped and inked - yet the ink never runs out through the holes of the other sides.(scott,2013)
The gimbal was later revised for usage in fishing. Showing the yaw, pitch, and roll.(scott,2013)
Also the Gimbal over time turned to usage for a compass and a gyroscope.(Strickland,2013)
The Gimbal was originally made with metal rings and plate and ink was used to demonstrate the balance.(strickland,2013)
6. Lastly the Gimbal can actually change shifting movements on flat surfaces with way the Gimbal was designed.(Ezine,2013)
Compass Vintage - Kootation. Digital image. Compass. N.p., 2011. Web. 21 Aug. 2013.
"Gimbal." EzineMark Article RSS. N.p., 30 Dec. 2010. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.
Hwang, Fu-Kwun. File:Gimbal 3 Axes Rotation.gif - Wikimedia. Digital image. WIKI, 19 July 2011. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.
Miller, Gary. Gimbal breakdown. Digital image. Corucopia3D. N.p., 2008. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.
Original Vintage 1940's Ships Nautical Liquid. Digital image. Ebay. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.
Scott, Willie. "What Are Gimbals? What Is a Gimbal Bearing?" Brighthub Engineering. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.
Strickland, Johnathon. "What Is a Gimbal -- and What Does It Have to Do with NASA?" HowStuffWorks. Howstuffworks, n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.