Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
FIELD STUDY 6 (On Becoming A Teacher)
Transcript of FIELD STUDY 6 (On Becoming A Teacher)
MY CONCRETE EXPERIENCE
I. Barangay Location
1. Distance from the City (in km.): 1 1/2 km
2. Distance from the College/University where enrolled: 2-3 km
FIELD STUDY 6 (On Becoming A Teacher)
THE TEACHER IN THE COMMUNITY
Community data from Rapid Appraisal Survey.
List of identified community resources available for use by the teachers in the school
Name of School in the Barangay: Estefania Montemayor National High School
Activity 1- RAPID COMMUNITY APPRAISAL
Name of the Barangay: Ongol Ilaya, Dumarao, Capiz
Name of the Town/Municipality:
Name of the Province/City:
1. Population: 917
2. Number of households: 211
3. Number of school-going children:
III. Physical Features (please check)
2. Community center
4. Health Center
6. Road Network
7. Cooperative Store
10. Drinking Water Supply
11. Reading Center
12. Others (specify)
V. Agricultural resources
1. Rice Fields
3. Sugarcane Fields
4. Coconut Palms
5. Fruit trees (mango, jackfruits, etc.)
6. Forest Trees (Mahogany, Narra, etc.
8. Root crops
9. Livestocks (carabao, cattle)
10. Fisheries (ponds, Deepsea)
VI. Commercial Resources
1. Sari-sari Store
2. Trading center
3. Rural Banks
4. Cooperative stores
7. Machine shops
8. Beauty Parlor
10. Other (specify)
VII. Common Means of Transportation
7. Animal driven transpo
8. Others (Specify)
VIII. Development Programs in the Barangay
1. Brigada Eskwela
2. Clean and Green
3, Gulayan ng Bayan
4. Peace and order
5. Others (please list)
IX. Annual Community Activities
1. Barangay Fiesta
2. Community Festival
3. Sports Festival
4. Search for Miss Barangay
5. Christmas Celebration
6. Others (please list)
X. Other Significant Information about the Community
As I have Observe, the Barangay is productive and rich in terms of Agricultural Resources and Commercial Resources. They have a wide Rice fields, Coconut Palms, Root Crops and Fruit trees. They have also a Daycare Center, Chapel and Gym which the people used it in every day's activity. But due to the super typhoon Yolanda those Resources and facilities were damage. But still they are rising up and they become more progressive. And based on my observation, the community maintained clean and very peaceful surroundings.
Activity 2 – Interview of the School Teacher
1. What school activities do you conduct that allow
the participation of the people in the barangay?
As I interview the Clean and Green Program which the parents are oblige to help and want to collaborate in school activity; the assembly meetings which the parents are involve here.
2. Are there community activities that you, as teacher join? Please name. Do your students/pupils also join these activities?
Town fiesta is one of the examples which the students and teachers are involve and joins in the community activities.
3. What learning do your pupils/students gain from the participation?
This activity is enhanced and developed interaction and cooperation of the students in the community.
4. What does the community benefit from joining in
your school activities?
This can help to develop a good interaction and relationship to one another.
5. As per your observation, are the lessons that you taught in the school transferred to the homes or the community?
Yes, as the school was being taught in the school transferred to the community, I can see that they absorb it in their homes such as being polite and hospitable and they know how to socialize with one another.
6. What community resources have you
used in your teaching?
Community resources are people and places
which they are the members of a given community.
1. Describe the data that you have gathered
from your community survey.
2. Make a narrative report on the interview that you have done with the teacher
Barangay Ongol Ilaya, Dumarao, Capiz
The School’s Community
As we interviewed the brgy. Capt. Of barangay Ongol, Ilaya, Dumarao, Capiz which is Mr. Jose Lobie Patiño. According to him the brgy,'s distance from the city/ municipality is 1 1/2 km, and from the Capiz State University is 2 km. their population is 917, the number of households are 211. They are belongs to Lowland. Their facilities are quite complete; they have school, community center, health center, church/chapel, electricity, and reading center. They are also rich in terms of Agricultural resources and commercial resources. They have also a common means of transportation. The development Programs of the Barangay are the Brigada Eskwela which the parents are oblige to attend, The Clean and green program, peace and order as well as the Gulayan ng Bayan of 4p's..This Barangay practices the annual community activities such as the Barangay Fiesta, community Festival, the Sports Festival, Search for Miss Barangay and Christmas Party/ Celebration. In short the barangay is very rich in terms of resources.
View of a Teacher
Dr. Kevin Maxwell says that: "Our job is to teach the students we have. Not the ones we would like to have. Not the ones we used to have. Those we have right now. All of them." Exactly, In fact some of them are not like that, but Most of them believe into that statement. We all know that there task is to facilitate and the one who molds the mind of the learners.
According to the teacher that I've interviewed, the school has a good relationship in the community. People there in the barangay are easy to approach and they are always participated in some programs or activities that the school conducted. Teachers and students are also involve in such activities in order for them to develop and enhanced on how to socialize with others, and to develop cooperation. It is important to have the collaboration in the community in order for them to utilize the resources.
Therefore I conclude that, Cooperation, Socialization, and Participation is a need in community resources in order both of them can benefit.
After making a survey of the barangay and interviewing the teacher, answer the following questions and reflect on each.
1. Which resources that you have identified are present in the community? Can these be utilized in your teaching? How?
As we have interviewed or surveyed the resources that we have identified are present in the community such as people, the facilities.
My Affirmed Concepts
Place a mark on the concepts which are confirmed and place a mark on those which are not confirmed.
CONCEPT REMARKS ( )
1. A teacher can utilize resources available in the community.
2. A teacher should teach with a view in mind that the learners transfer their learning in home and community.
3. Teachers are agents of change of the community.
4. Barangay officials, health workers and other human resources can be invited as resource speakers in school.
5. The teacher should always be willing to support the community activities.
6. Teachers and schools should be unmindful of the community activities.
7. Communities should provide support for the learning of their children in school.
8. The sole responsibility of the teacher is to teach in the school.
9. All schools are part and parcel of the community where they are situated.
10. Community officials take over the responsibilities of the teachers.
My Future Application
Based on the Experiential Learning Episode 4, I should do the following when I become a teacher. (Please list at least 3 things.)
1. As a future teacher, I have to encourage and care for my students in a way that they have always feel good about themselves when they walk out of my classroom. I have to instruct my students everyday in a way that they remember the important facts of life which really matter... like how to share, show respect and love...
2. As a future teacher, I have to praise them, especially when they put a fellow student before themselves or when they show humility and not pride or arrogance. I have to guide my students down a road that is positive and life-giving. I truly do care about the path they choose.
3. And last, as a future teacher, I am task to inspire my students to follow their dreams, discover their creativity, interests, and talents... and learn to use them to their fullest potential. I have to mentor them, always being an example of good character, fairness and honesty. I must listen, lend a hand and be trustworthy.