Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
jenna 7th grade prodject
Transcript of jenna 7th grade prodject
2.In 1325, they began building the capital and conquering
3. War was a key factor in the Aztecs' rise to power. The Aztecs fought fiercly demanded tribute payments from the people they conquered .
4.The Aztecs also controlled a huge trade network. Merchants carried goods to and from all parts of the empire.
5. By the early 1400's the Aztecs ruled most powerful state in Mesoamerica. Vocabulary Main Idea Religon and Warfare Like the Maya, the Aztecs worshipped many gods who were believed to control both nature and human activities. To please the gods, Aztec priest regularly made human sacrifices. Most victims were battle captives or slaves. They would feed the hearts of their victims to the gods.They killed about 10,000 people a year. To supply the warriors waged frequent battles with neighboring peoples. Summary The Aztec Empire, made strong by warfare and tribute, fell to the Spanish in 1521. Aztecs *The Aztecs built a rich and powerful empire in
central Mexico. *Life in the empire was shaped by social stucture, religon,and warfare. *Hernan Cortes conquered the Aztec Empire in
1521. Aztec society The Aztec Emperor, like the Mayan king, was the most important person in society. From his great palace,he attended to law, trade,tribute,and warfare. Trusted nobles helped him as tax collecters, judges,and other government officals. Noble positions were passed down from fathers to sons, and young nobles went to school to learn the responsiblities. 5 Facts Aztec gods and goddesses video. THE END Aztec Slaves Aztec God Aztec Warriors http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9Aw4z3ukwjc/TxSfsgVY40I/AAAAAAAAAK4/xocBu9s0LmU/s1600/Slide14.jpg Made By : Jenna Combs 1st Period
Holt book = pages 474-478 Hernan Cortes' motives were to fid gold, claim land, and convert native peoples ''groups''. The Aztec Emperor, Moctezuma II, cautiously welcomed the strangers. He believed Cortes to be the god Quetzalcoatl ,whom the aztecs believed had left Mexico long ago. The god promised to return in 1519. Within a year, Cortes and his men came back. This time they had help from other Indians in the region who resented the Aztecs' harsh rule.The spanish had better weapons so the Aztecs were terrified of them. In 1521 the Aztecs surrendered, their once mighty empire came to a swift end. The battle * Causeways - Raised roads across water or wet ground.
* Conquistadors - Spanish conquerors.
* Hernan Cortes -Was a leader of the Conquistadors or
the (Spanish Conquerors).
* Moctezuma II- The Aztec Emperor. Aztec causeway Modern causway There Difference Some Aztec Gods Foot Notes Aztec Architecture