Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mayo Clinic New Employee Orientation
Transcript of Mayo Clinic New Employee Orientation
We are capturing the video in a couple of different methods:
More relaxed and answers will be “less scripted” in the presentation.
Then the video footage will be edit to include the presenter(s) responses.
The audience will feel like the presenter(s) are talking with them.
Graphics or videos will appear as the “narrator” voices over the concept and learning points required for that section.
This will allow the message to be delivered: clearly, concise and fast.
Hard copy pictures:
During transitions-- fade in/ outs and zoom
in/ outs, etc.
Maps will be used to simulate the flight
from one location to another. Orientation Curriculum for
Newly Hired Physicians, Administrators, Leaders and Supervisors Delivery Plan Orientation Curriculum Content Analysis Interventions 1. Standardize training requirement within Mayo Clinic facilities and MCHS.
2. Modernize the training platform to utilize multimedia options for training.
3. Standardize training curriculum; each facility will use the same curriculum for physicians, administration, new leaders and supervisors.
4. Create “buy in” from top leadership at all facilities to require the training. Each facility will be represented in the multimedia training outputs. Force-Field Analysis Communicating Culture The culture of Mayo Clinic is simultaneously the foreground and the background of organization life.
Communication and Culture at Mayo
The Object Orientation:
Culture before Communication Lewin's Change Model Through data analysis, individuals that have completed Mayo Clinic New Employee Orientation have given poor feedback regarding the process. They would like to see a positive, technological change to gain a better understanding of Mayo Clinic at the appropriate time of hire for all new employees. 1. Welcome to Mayo
3. History of Mayo Clinic
4. Mayo Model of Care
5. Mayo Clinic Leadership Model
6. Mayo Clinic Learning Culture Each curriculum topic will be delivered at a designated Mayo location with the appropriate Mayo presenter. Created by: Chelsea Sinjem, Liz Gilgenbach & Michelle Hartness
INMGT 750 * Spring 2013 Recommendations Orientation done different (separate dept. and large content) ONE orientation (one organization, compressed content) Feeling of ONE family Separate Presentations ONE online presentation No Discussion in orientation Timeline = 0 to 3 years More discussion; chat rooms, instant message Timeline = 0 to 3 months 1. One training curriculum for physicians, administrators and lead supervisors at Mayo Clinic.
2. Training curriculum created on video/ audio. Developed in segments so it can be updated as needed without redoing entire video.
3. Submit a “Request for Proposal” to outside vendors and in-house to create/ film the video. This will ensure fresh look and cost efficiency.
4. Incorporate each location and top leadership in the video to support the culture change of standardized training and One Mayo image. Unfreezing Moving Refreezing To provide an online, standardized curriculum to serve as an orientation for newly hired Physicians, Administrators, Leaders and Supervisors at Mayo Clinic. All newly hired Physicians, Administrators, Leaders and Supervisors at Mayo Clinic will complete this online orientation with 0-3 months of hire. 7. Mayo Core Competencies
8. Diversity and Inclusion
9. Compliance and Ethics
10. Functional Needs
11. Summary "Mayo Clinic is created every day by every employee in every interaction with every patient." - Leonard Barry Death by PowerPoint
Already knew this after 3 years of employment
Too many separate presentations
Leadership Models "Mayo Clinic Legacy" for employees.
"One Mayo" Concept
Mayo Policies and Procedures Orientation Surveys -Mayo Clinic Mayo Clinic Culture makes their employees behave and communicate the way they do. Employee communication is an outcome of this culture. "Empower you to change lives by sharing Mayo Clinic's promise of a life-changing career." References Anthony, G. (2011). Orientation Clinical Practice Committee – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Brown, M. (2011). Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Cummings, T. & Worley, C. 2008. Organization Development and Change. Mason, Ohio: South-Western Cengage Learning.
Grosset, J. (2010). Information Technology at Mayo Clinic Rochester –An Overview – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Hayward, M. (2011). Administrative Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Holton, D. (2011). Mayo Clinic Rochester Department of Facilities – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Keyton, J. (2011). Communication & Organizational Culture. A key to understanding work experiences. 2nd Ed. Los Angeles: Sage ISBN: 978-1-4129-8022-7
Kurth, K. (2011). The Education Shield at Mayo – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Lassig, D. (2011). Past, Present, and Future – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
McNeill, S. (2011). Mayo Clinic Planning – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Nass. (2011). Mayo Clinic Global Products and Services – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Noseworthy, J. and Weis, S. (2011). Vision and Strategic Direction of Mayo Clinic – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Oviatt, J. (2011). Administrative Orientation – Legal Department (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Sawyer, N.; Johnson, P. and Harper, M. (2011). Mayo Clinic Administrative Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com
Schilmoeller, A. (2011). Mayo clinic Health Solutions: Where We Are Where We’re Going – Admin Orientation (PowerPoint slides). Retrieved from: http://www.dropbox.com Recommendations con't... 5. Multimedia filming with individuals should be done as “interviews”. A person off camera can ask questions and have a discussion with individual. This will later be edited out but the comments from the individual will feel like they are talking to the audience and come off more sincere.
6. Use multiple levels of employees in the video that reflect the diversity of Mayo Clinic, to deliver training message.
7. Require training within 0 – 3 months of date of hire for all physicians, administrators, new leaders and supervisors. Mayo Sites are Separate Where We Are Where We Want To Be