Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rules by Cynthia Lord
Transcript of Rules by Cynthia Lord
"Rules" is a book that teaches you that normal DOESN'T exist. This heartwarming tale will show you that you can't judge a book by its cover. :)
In the first person view of twelve year old Catherine, she wants the life of a NORMAL person. Not a life with an 8 year old brother with autism in which she feels he's all her parents care about. Since David does some pretty crazy stuff, Catherine came up with some "rules" for him to follow.
Examples of these rules would be: "No toys in the fish tank" & " Say 'excuse me' after you burp". She's really bored of having to babysit David, and her best friend's in California for the summer. Since David has to go to an occasional therapy clinic, she meets Jason, a handicapped boy, who speaks with word cards. He's like a friend in way to Catherine, for she made him some decorative word cards (because she loves to draw) and made a unique friendship with him.