Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Site maps, Storyboards, and Specifications: A Sketch of Web Site Design Practice
Transcript of Site maps, Storyboards, and Specifications: A Sketch of Web Site Design Practice
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
By: Stephanie Alexis & Josh Westbrook
What is Web Design?
Possible solutions are generated and explored
Information design, navigation design, rough graphic design
Emphasis on structure
Multiple designs are generated so that one can be chosen
The design is refined and detailed
Images, icons, and typography, and color are added
example of each class of page is created
Production refers to the creation of artifacts that will be delivered to the client to embody and represent the design
Determine and clarify the scope of the project, the desires of the clients, and the characteristics/needs of the intended audience.
clarify what is expected
A storyboard is a representation of a particular interaction sequence.
reflect only the navigation links required to accomplish the task represented.
Used to show how many steps a task will take
Site maps, Storyboards, and Specifications:
A Sketch of Web Site Design Practice
• How is that topic relevant to web programming?
• Why is the topic important (or not)?
• Why is the topic considered interesting to the presenter?
• What research is being done regarding the topic?
Shows exactly what the site should look like but is not interactive
Look almost exactly like the finished product will look like
often made in graphic editing software like Photoshop
Uses the site map, mock up, schematics and story board to create a working version of a mock up
first draft of the website
Diagram showing the structure of a site
Show Navigation Structure
Helps organize subsections of website
Shows how the page layout could affect the content
Shows the content that should be on each page
Has more detail that goes in to the prototype