Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Year 11 1.3.1 External Influences on Business
Transcript of Year 11 1.3.1 External Influences on Business
* The business cycle
* Impact of a recession
* Impact of a recovery
* Monetary policy
* Businesses need loans/financing
* Effective management of finances
* Greater choice for businesses
* Impact of technology
* Location of Australia in the world; greater access to China and India
* Cheaper transportation/freight
* Tourism/mining often based on geography
* Hard to find employees for remote mining towns - FIFO
* Changes in society and attitudes
* Aging population; healthier lifestyle; growth of two-income families
* Flexible work patterns
- Anti Discrimination Act
- Fair Work Act
- Workplace Health and Safety Act
- Consumer protection laws
- Taxation laws
- Corporations act
- Political parties influence how to best regulate business, consumer protection and employee welfare
- 2010 election: mining 'super profits' tax
- Carbon tax/emissions trading scheme
- 2013 elections about repealing the carbon tax and 'fixing' the budget.
- Trade unions/trade associations
- Regulatory bodies (ASIC, ACCC etc)
- Established practices/customs in a business that can be hard to change/influence
- Automated industries in developed worlds competing against cheap labour in developing countries
- Woolworths using technology improvements to cut costs of labour in distributing its products and self checkouts
- Monitoring the acts/actions of competitors
- How easy is it to enter the industry as a business?
- Food court example