Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Enlightenment
"Have courage to use your own reason!"
-Immanual Kant, 1784
René Descartes (1596-1650), French philosopher and mathematician. "Cartesian rationality"
"Cogito ergo sum"
Geocentric and Heliocentric View
What was the effect of the "Enlightenment" on science, religion, and politics?
Social Contract Theory versus the "divine right of kings"
Liberalism and natural rights to life, liberty and property (John Locke, 1689)
From Aristotle's geocentric to heliocentric view (Copernicus, Galileo)
Chinese Influence on the Enlightenment
New developments in science, philosophy, literature, politics, focused mainly in Europe, 17-18th cent
Isaac Newton, 1642-1727 Laws of Motion
Viennese Coffee House
Interesting theory... do you buy it?