Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Disasters
4. Tornadoes and cyclones MAN MADE DISASTERS:-
1. ATOMIC BOMBS
2. GAS LEAKAGES Volcano eruptions are mainly due to increasing temperature in the earths crust, this causes high tension between the plates and the lava flows out breaking the layers. This could be very large explosion also and take many lives, now a days due to lot of global warming the earths crust is being heated up rapidly. Earth quakes are mostly caused by the drifting of plates in the earth's crust which causes tension between two plates and the plates start moving which causes earthquakes. It mainly occurs due increasing temperature of the lava under them. There are other safety measures that have been included in some or all modern weapons:
"Fire resistant pits" (FRPs) that prevent molten plutonium from escaping in a fire (probably by containing it within the high melting point beryllium reflector shell);
"Insensitive high explosives" (IHE), these use the explosive TATB which is highly resistant to "cooking off" in a fire, or being detonated by mechanical shock;
Insulating containers may be used to reduce the influx of heat from a fire,
"Limited retry" may be used in a PAL. This disables the PAL if the wrong combination is entered too many times, requiring factory service to restore (the same way ATMs will eat a ATM card if the wrong PIN number is entered repeatedly).
Weapons can also use active self-damaging mechanisms that break bomb components, requiring factory repair before the weapon can be fired, if tampering (including excessive retrys) is detected. Recent weapons have "noviolent" (non-explosive) disablement systems. These systems can also be activated by remote command in some weapons. Earthquakes, floods, drought, and other natural hazards cause tens of thousands of deaths, hundreds of thousands of injuries, and billions of dollars in economic losses each year around the world. Many billions of dollars in humanitarian assistance, emergency loans, and development aid are expended annually. Yet efforts to reduce the risks of natural hazards remain largely uncoordinated across different hazard types and do not necessarily focus on areas at highest risk of disaster. World's Most devastating Earthquakes Seismic Zones In India
3. To form 129 active volcanoes and potential cause volcanic eruption disaster.
2. To form of subduction zone and active fault as source of earthquake and potential cause earthquake and tsunami disasters.
1. The unique interaction by 3 plates (Eurasia, Indo-Australia & Pacific plate) which is called triple junction. Tectonic settings of Indonesia… Research on Hazard zone 1. Research on earthquake Research of slope stability, landlide potential
and after landslide event 4. Research on landslide Research of tsunamigenic,
coastal characterization and
after tsunami event 3. Research on Tsunami : Research of active fault, microzonation
and after destructive earthquake 2. Research on earthquake: Research on seismic, deformation,
geochemistry, geology and geophysics to
determine model of volcanic eruption to
support early warning system. (Semeru volcanic
hazard map) (West Sumatra earthquake
hazard map) (West Java landslide susceptibil-ity map) The objective of mapping is
producing of geological hazard map:
1. Volcanic Hazard Map
2. Earthquake Hazard Map
3. Tsunami Hazard Map
4. Landslide Susceptibility Map. Mapping Geological Hazards Solution Socialization is focused on communities who live In the geological hazard zone and the objective is to enhance awareness and knowledge for Communities in the geological hazard zone.
3. Landslide Monitoring
Objective to know landslide
activity based on direction and
rate of landslide velocity by GPS
2. Active Fault Monitoring
Objective to know direction and
displacement rate of active fault
using by GPS.
1. Volcano Monitoring
Objective to observe, record, and analyze the active volcano using
seismic, geochemistry, deformation, geophysics methods. Monitoring
1.Step of mitigation efforts carried out by CVGHM consist of research, geological hazard mapping, socialization, monitoring, early warning system and quick response team. Goal of mitigation efforts is to reduce loss of lives and properties.
2.Research is important to support mitigation system, but the more important is to minimize the number of victim.
3.In order to enhance the mitigation system CVGHM has collaboration with foreign countries, such as : Japan, USA, Italy, France, Australia, Belgium, Holland and Germany.
4.There are still many obstacles found on mitigation efforts in Indonesia, because many settlement and human activities located in highly geological hazard zone. For example in case of volcanic hazard mitigation, CVGHM can minimize the number of victim but can not reduce the number of refugees. Disasters.. 1 8 24 Tsunami Evacuation Map 8 1) The number includes dead or missing from earthquakes.
2) Tsunami generated at far off Japanese coast. Historical Damaging Tsunamis along Japanese Coast (in last 150 years) 25 Group session on evacuation plan
(Urado-District, Kochi Pref.) Evacuation drill on Tsunami
(Taro Town, Iwate Pref.) Tsunami counter measures taken by local municipalities and communities 15 Within 5 minutes after the Earthquake with/without Tsunami Warnings showing Seismic Intensity by Miyagi-ken Earthquake on 26 July 2003 NHK TV Screen Image Meeting on the disaster map
(Bungo-Takada-city, Oita Pref.) Tsunami countermeasures taken by local municipalities and communities 16 Safe Evacuation Early Warning Understanding of Hazardous Areas Promoting Basic Knowledge about
“TSUNAMI” Disaster Safe Evacuation Route 13 Local government TV （Te lops, Warning maps） TSUNAMI
ＷＡＲＮＩＮＧ ＴＶRadio Station Central Government Communication & Transmission of Tsunami Warning
to Localities & Civil Defense Authorities Tsunami Warning System Elements Tsunami Signboards Better evacuation system by
Municipalities and cops What are Disasters???!!!!! :/ Types..... Volcanic eruptions Earthquakes.... Tsunami,,,,, Tsunami's are mainly caused by the uprising waves in the ocean. It mainly comes due to drift of plates under the water which causes large waves to rise or underwater volcanic erruptions. It mostly harms the costal areas. aa....
Save me Earthquake Resistant........ Key to be safe... WE COULD BUILT EARTHQUAKE PROOF BUILDINGS FOR DISASTER MANAGEMENT.... We could develop flood sustainability projects for the future like this building up a mud wall around the coastal areas for flood prevention this step was taken up by the Chinese government in the year 2010. Floods... Nuclear Leakage.. Extra Tips......... Indonesia Prone to Disasters and Mitigation Strategies by Them My country is
prepared......:) Disaster Management by JAPAN FOR WATCHING OUR PRESENTATION
I WISH YOU NOTE DOWN THE TIPS FOR YOUR SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!................... India
with WORLD India Prone to Disasters