Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Siege of Sarajevo
Transcript of Siege of Sarajevo
Siege of Sarajevo
After The War
9,502–14,011 people were killed.
The number of deaths caused many parks, athletic fields, and many other open spaces were turned into graveyards
The collection of Oriental manuscripts was destroyed.
Urban fabric, Hospitals and Medical facilities were seriously damaged.
23% of the buildings were seriously damaged, 64% as partially damaged and 10% were slightly damaged.
Population increases up to 401,000 people
Gordon is charged for
shouting 6 to 7 bullets at
General Dragmir Miloseevic was found guilty for shelling and sniper terror campaign against Sarajevo and its citizens from August 1994 to late 1995
-> Hosted the 1984 Winter Olympics
-> The 1980's became a wnderful decade for the city
-> Tourism was boasted
Some buildings are recovered,
but many buildings still remain
April 5 1992
June 1, 1993
February 29, 1996
February 5, 1994
Serbs attacked parliament
Government Declared Siege over
prime minister assasinated
11 killed, 33 wounded
329 shell impacts
68 killed, 200 wounded
37 killed, 90 wounded
Basic information - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarajevo
Winter Olympics- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Winter_Olympics
Images- all from google and one from,
Ancient Times and
Roman Empire, The Goths and The Slavs ruled respectively
-City basically founded by this Empire
- The city grew rapidly under this reign
- However late on in htis Empire, the city's glory stated to fall
- Rebuilt into a modern European capital by the Austrian- Hungary
- City begins to have great developments
- Starts to flourish once again
- June 28, 1914, The Archduke of Austria and his wife are assassinated. Triggering WWI
- city is able to escape most of the destruction that happened during the war compared to the rest of the world
- the assassians were call caught and placed into trial and were
- city was captured by the Sixteenth Motorized Infantry Division
- Axis declared the city as it's territory
- bombed by the Allies
Jacqueline, Simmy, Maurij, Amaani