Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Zero & First Conditional
Transcript of Zero & First Conditional
We use the so-called
when the result of the condition is
, like a scientific fact.
Take some ice. Put it in a saucepan. Heat the saucepan. What happens? The ice melts (it becomes water). You would be surprised if it did not.
, whereas the
describes what happens
For example (zero conditional):
if you sit in the sun, you get burned
(here I'm talking about every time a person sits in the sun - the burning is a natural consequence of the sitting)
But (first conditional):
if you sit in the sun, you'll get burned
(here I'm talking about what will happen today, another day might be different)
ZERO & FIRST CONDITIONAL
IF YOU HEAT ICE, IT MELTS.
* The important thing about the
is that the
condition always has
It's used to talk about things which
in the future. Of course, we can't know what will happen in the future, but this describes
, which could easily
*The important thing about the
is that there is
sentences with the verb in brackets. Use contractions where possible.
1. If you press that button, the light______(come) on.
2. It's easier to sleep if ______(you / not / be) stressed.
3. The teacher gets angry if ____(we / not / work) hard.
4. If _______(I / go) on a boat, I always feel sick.
5. His mother gets annoyed if ______(he / be) late.
6. If____(I / not / know) a word, I look in my dictionary.
7. They play football if ______(they / not / have) any homework.
8. If you freeze water,______(it / turn) to ice.
If there is sunlight,
plants produce oxyen.