Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Diabetes education
Fibre Unsaturated fat Every 4-6 hours When to Eat? Putting off eating can lead to overeating later! Read labels! How to choose what to eat Ingredient list
Claims - 'low fat',
'reduced sodium' Stick to your plan
Pay attention to portions
Sauces on the side
Choose vegetables as sides How to eat out Know how many servings you need
Split servings between meals Meal Planning Diabetes
Guide Different types of carbs affect blood sugar differently Glycemic Index Low GI:
Temperate climate fruit Sugar or sugar subs? Fruit juice Sneaky Sources of Sugar Yogurt Pop Cereal Sucralose (Splenda)
Sugar alcohols Physical Activity Just how much sugar is there? Drinks: So what happens if we skip a meal? What questions do YOU have? Decreases insulin resistance
Promotes sugar uptake into cells
Helps maintain healthy body weight