Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A Can of Bull?
Transcript of A Can of Bull?
Sleep loss can affect the basic metabolic functions of storing carbohydrates and regulating hormones. If not regulated the body will not be able to not only produce but also distribute ATP throughout the body. Therefore, causing the body to not have enough energy.
After extensive analysis o the energy drink Red Bull I have concluded that the marketing claims Rhonda presented are indeed true. Hoewever, there are several facts that were not mentioned that consumers should be aware of. Although providing a great deal of energy for physical and mental activities, drinking Red Bull can raise some people's heart rate and blood pressure. Some health care professionals advise those with heart conditions and hypertension to be care when drinking this beverage.
When we say something gives us "energy," wht does that mean? What is the biological definition of energy?
- When somethig gives us energy it fuels us to be able to do certain activities. The biological definition of energy is the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.
What is the normal physiological response to increased intake of sugars? To increased intake of caffeine?
Increased blood glucose level resulting in increased insulin production which leads to storage of excess glucose in the muscles and liver. Caffeine is a diuretic. If consumed in any quantity, it will cause your blood vessels to dilate and heart to beat faster. Intake of higher dosages of caffeine may cause anxiety, irregular/increase heartbeat, insomnia, and/or irritability
How are the ingredients in these drinks helpful to someone expending a lot of energy, e.g., a runner?
It serves as a fuel boost in a sense that ingredients such as caffeine increases mental alertness and it also enhances your body's use of fat as a fuel source. The caffeine in Red Bull also enhances reaction time and improves neuromuscular coordination which deals with how fast your brain can send a signal to your muscles to contract and relax.
A Can of Bull?
Do Energy Drinks Really Provide a Source of Energy?
What is the physiological role of each of the molecules in your table?
- Sucrose and Glucose produce energy in the form of ATP through glucose metabolism chiefly glycolysis.
- Carbonated water helps molecules come together.
- D-Pantothenol is an essential nutrient the improves mood, boosts metabolism and helps to turn fat into energy
- Sodium Citrate reduces acidity levels.
- Taurine seves as an amino acid that is naturally occuring in the human body and present in the daily diet. Tuarine helps to move minerals throughout the system and generate nerve impulses.
-Caffeine stimulates the body and mind.
- B Group Vitamins help maintain normal body function.
- Niacin is a B Vitamin that helps with energy formation and use.
- Inositol is mood-booster that helps the brain use serotonin.
- Pyridoxine HCL helps the body to form red blood cells and use oxygen, improving mood and energy levels