Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Saudi Arabia
Officially known as the
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
), is the largest Arab state in Western Asia.
The history began in 1933 by Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Ibn Saud, the first king of Saudi Arabia.
first settlers over 20,000 years ago
Prophet Muhammad born in Mecca
dominated by Ottoman Empire from 18th to the 19th century
King of Saudi Arabia in 2014,
Abdullah ibn Abdilazīz.
Saudi Arabia ended 2013 with a population of almost
people, which represents an increase of 541,015 people compared to 2012.
The male population is greater, with more than
men, representing 57% of the total, compared to
or 43% women.
by Sara Othman
Saudi Arabia was an absolute monarchy until 1992, at which time the Saud royal family introduced the country's first constitution. The legal system is based on the sharia (Islamic law).
is the state religion of
and it's law requires that all citizens be
. Although no law requires citizens or passport holders to be Muslim. The government does not legally protect the
freedom of religion
. Almost all citizens are Muslims.
Saudi Arabia, Official language
Kabsa, is the most famous food. Other popular Arabian cuisine include wheat, rice, lamb, chicken, yogurt and dates. Shawarma and Falafel are two common dishes which are originally Syrian and Egyptian dishes.
1. Two holy places of Islam in Saudi Arabia are Mecca and Medina.
2. Sorcery or magic is banned in Saudi Arabia and that’s why Harry Potter is banned in Saudi Arabia.
3. A liter of oil is even cheaper than a liter of drinking water in Saudi Arabia.
4. Saudi Arabia has no lakes or rivers.
5. It is believed the tomb of Eve is located in the Jeddah city of Saudi Arabia.
Interesting Facts 2
6. Saudi Arabian company
is the largest oil producer in the world.
7. All forms of alcohol are prohibited in Saudi Arabian.
8. Oil was first discovered in Saudi Arabia in 1938.
9. King Khaled Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is the largest airport in the world.
Largest Cities Of Saudi Arabia
It is a green flag featuring in white an Arabic inscription and a sword. The inscription is the Islamic creed, or shahada.