Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Catherine de'Medici
At age 14, she married Henry, a French prince.
Catherine took Italian artists, musicians, writers, and dancers with her to the French court.
She was never fully accepted into France, however, because she was Italian and not born into a royal family.
After Henry died in a jousting accident in the year 1559, their three oldest sons, Francis II, Henry III, and Charles IV, succeeded each other as king.
In 1519, Catherine de'Medici was born in Florence, Italy.
She was orphaned as a baby and was raised by relatives.
Her husband became King Henry II in 1547.
Catherine is blamed for many of the conflicts the French Catholics and the French Protestants faced.
she supported the
arts and sponsored
the first ballet.
in 1572 she
murder of a
the saint bartholomews
Fifteen days after her birth, Catherine's mother died and six days after her mother died her father died also. By the time she was month old she was an orphan.
Thanks for watching !