Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Non-Fiction Fun
2. Listen to Non-Fiction books on
http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/customer_login.asp?accessdenied=%2Flibrary%2Fasp%2Fhome_tumblebooks%2Easp Photograph Caption Map Diagram Heading Bold Print Works Cited
http://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/mrdonnelly/nonfiction_text_features/Index.jpg This is a Prezi for first grade students, who will be researching and then creating their own non-fiction book.
Non-fiction books are different than fiction books. They have features called conventions that help the reader learn more about a topic. You are a researcher that needs to find non-fiction conventions in a book!
1. Choose a non-fiction book.
2. Pick up a Non-Fiction Scavenger Hunt Checklist from the rainbow table and a pencil.
3. Watch the non-fiction rap video.
4. Explore the Prezi to learn more about conventions.
5. Fill out Non-Fiction Scavenger Hunt Checklist! Task *"Dip in or Dip Out."
*Front of the book. *Pictures taken with a camera. *Bonus information
about a picture. *Alerts about
important words. *Mini dictionary.
*Back of the book. *Title in big bold letters. *Shows where things are
in the world. *Labels different parts. *List in ABC order.
*Back of the book. When you are finished...
1. Double check your work and put on the rainbow table.
2. Play Non-Fiction Matching Game.
3. Explore Non-Fiction books on Tumble Books. Picture Resources: Other Web Resources: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=non-fiction+rap&oq=non-fic&gs_l=youtube.3.0.0l5j0i10j0l3j0i10.1186.3313.0.3818.104.22.168.0.0.0.134.726.2j5.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.YOY69mURw6M