Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Non-Fiction Fun
2. Listen to Non-Fiction books on
http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/customer_login.asp?accessdenied=%2Flibrary%2Fasp%2Fhome_tumblebooks%2Easp Photograph Caption Map Diagram Heading Bold Print Works Cited
http://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/mrdonnelly/nonfiction_text_features/Index.jpg This is a Prezi for first grade students, who will be researching and then creating their own non-fiction book.
Non-fiction books are different than fiction books. They have features called conventions that help the reader learn more about a topic. You are a researcher that needs to find non-fiction conventions in a book!
1. Choose a non-fiction book.
2. Pick up a Non-Fiction Scavenger Hunt Checklist from the rainbow table and a pencil.
3. Watch the non-fiction rap video.
4. Explore the Prezi to learn more about conventions.
5. Fill out Non-Fiction Scavenger Hunt Checklist! Task *"Dip in or Dip Out."
*Front of the book. *Pictures taken with a camera. *Bonus information
about a picture. *Alerts about
important words. *Mini dictionary.
*Back of the book. *Title in big bold letters. *Shows where things are
in the world. *Labels different parts. *List in ABC order.
*Back of the book. When you are finished...
1. Double check your work and put on the rainbow table.
2. Play Non-Fiction Matching Game.
3. Explore Non-Fiction books on Tumble Books. Picture Resources: Other Web Resources: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=non-fiction+rap&oq=non-fic&gs_l=youtube.3.0.0l5j0i10j0l3j0i10.1186.3313.0.3822.214.171.124.0.0.0.134.726.2j5.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.YOY69mURw6M