Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SUBCULTURE
It is the cultural group existing as an identifiable segment of a larger and more complex society.
It is considered as a homogeneous section within a heterogeneous wide society.
What is SUBCULTURE?
It is a live sociological phenomena that change over time and depends on the place it took place.
It is a way of life, amusement, common company of friends, the scene of life and your vision of the world around.
It is a community of people whose beliefs, views in life and behavior are distinct or hidden from public which distinguish them from the broader concept of culture.
It is the distinguishable cluster pattern within the general culture of society.
It is a cultural group within a larger cultural group that differs in one or more ways such as interest, beliefs or behavior.
IMPORTANCE OF SUBCULTURES
They help us understand why people in society differ from each other.
They help us widen our knowledge about the people that constitute our society.
Function of Subcultures
1. Permitting specialized activity
- because subcultures (common in occupational subculture) carry the necessary knowledge to perform specialized tasks.
2. Identity in mass society
- People with a common interest, situation, or set of experience prevent the feeling of isolation
- Enable people to stand out from the crowd
- In the society, they can say that “I am SOMEBODY”.
In the study of subculture, some researchers prefers to use the term "co-culture" to avoid the negative connotation for the prefix "sub".
3. Cultural adaptation and change