Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Atomic number and Mass and Isotopes
Transcript of Atomic number and Mass and Isotopes
Mass and Isotopes
To know the existence of isotopes
The DNA of an atom is the ______ _______. This tels us the number of ______ or _______.
But, what abut the number of the OTHER ___leons and ele_____?
Z and A
The number of neutrons in an atom can vary within small limits. For example, there are three kinds of carbon atom 12C, 13C and 14C. They all have the same number of protons, but the number of neutrons varies.
protons neutrons mass number
carbon-12 6 6 12
carbon-13 6 7 13
carbon-14 6 8 14
Draw the structure of an atom and write the table of contents
This has absolutely
no effect on the chemical reactions of the element
But what about changes
in number of electrons?
Watch the board
Prepare a 1 minute talk about
an isotope and its uses