Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sponge Bob Issues presentation
Transcript of Sponge Bob Issues presentation
SpongeBob SquarePants - 37,139,574 followers
Patrick Star - 16,516,683 followers
Plankton - 1,372,089 followers
Squidward Tentacles – 1,127,106 followers
Mr. Krabs - 933,923 followers
Gary the Snail - 641,347 followers Nickelodeon’s comments H 8 7 6 5 3
is not funded by the government
has to produce shows kids actually want to watch
There is a substantial difference between a 4-year-old and a 6-year-old
*CNN and The New York Times, September 2011 The study of University of Virginia
60 4-year olds
9-minute chunk of what was called an "animated kitchen sponge" cartoon
The experts then tested the children's memory and thinking skills
Results were compared
their scores to other youngsters, who had watched a slow-paced educational cartoon or drew pictures with crayons and markers. Results:
1) The pre-schoolers did much worse on the thinking tests
2) The brain gets tired from all of the stimulation from the fast-paced cartoons leading to lower scores The study of AAP
60 children were given common mental function tests after watching cartoons.
The SpongeBob kids scored on average 12 points lower than the other two groups.
self-control and impulsiveness
kids were rated on how long they could wait before eating snacks presented when the researcher left the room.
``SpongeBob'' kids waited about 2 1/2 minutes on average, versus at least four minutes for the other two groups.
*the study was taken by AAP –
American Academy of Pediatrics David Bittler:
“Sponge Bob is aimed at kids older than 7, rather than the younger ones” H 8 7 6 5 4 3 Criticisms of the research H 8 7 6 5 4 3 H 8 7 6 5 4 3 PRODUCTS