Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Case Study: Primary Hypertension
Transcript of Case Study: Primary Hypertension
The patient is a 45yo African-American male with no previous history of HTN. At a screening clinic, his BP was found to be 180/120mmHg
What risk factors for hypertension does the patient have?
What evidence of target organ damage is present?
What misconceptions about HTN should be corrected?
What areas would you focus on in teaching this patient about his illness?
Based on the assessment data presented, write one or more appropriate nursing diagnoses?
Father died of stroke at age 60
Mother has HTN
"I am not a 'hyper' person."
"I feel fine."
Smokes 1 PPD
Drinks 6-pack of beer 2x/week
Has been told that BP medications interfere with sexual relationships
-Retinopathy and nose bleeds
-Echocardiogram: left ventricular hypertrophy
-Urinalysis: protein 31 mg/dl
-Serum creatinine level: 2.1
-HCTZ 12.5mg Qday