Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FDR and Court Packing
Transcript of FDR and Court Packing
Court Packing Plan NIRA
Plan Result of
Plan NIRA - National Industry
Recovery Act Agricultural
Act Republicans nominated
of Kansas Democrats
for a 2nd term. Landslide
Roosevelt Democrats won
House and the
Senate This was a
FDR and his
New Deal New Deal
Coalition Supreme Court:
7 of the 9
to appoint a new
that was 70
years old. This would
have raised the number of Justices to 15. Balance of the Court More liberal Justices would favor FDR's programs. The balance of the court would go from Conservative to Liberal Override Conserative Justices' opinions Checks
Balances President -
Justices - Congress
Plan FDR's Impact
- Appoints 6 Justices within a few years.
- Appoints a total of 8 Justices between 1937 and 1943. Change in Court Rulings