Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Communication
pyramid of publics
sense of place
Who, What, Where, When & Why?
What is "EC?"
Def: The systematic generation and exchange of humans' messages in, from, and about the world around us and our interactions with it.
complex, multi-layered interests
Vs. Education: Telling people what the educator thinks the audience should know
hierarchical, one-way, linear, manager to client
What are the characteristics of sender?
We cannot avoid communicating!
What is the nature of the audience?
Qualities of the message
WITH WHAT EFFECT?
AREAS OF STUDY
science & risk
VOICE & VOICES
ROOTS OF EC
public affairs reporting
IN WHAT CHANNEL?
Effect of the medium
ATTRIBUTES OF ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNICATION
it has a purpose
it has a perspective
it defines problems