Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Making Inferences
What is making
Inference is when we combine
evidence (or clues)
to come up with an
What helps us make an inference?
USE CLUES !
Make an Inference!
Use what you already know!
Grab your glass
Find some details and clues
Make a guess on what could be true
Investigate pictures or
Read through the words
Draw a conclusion and you just inferred!
Say, write, or even draw your opinion of an idea or
your inference with your evidence and previous knowledge.
Look at all the details and put them together!
Think about details including, what, where, when, and why something is happening.
1. When I woke up, there were branches and leaves all over the yard. My father was outside trying to move the branches from our driveway. I heard my mother turn on the television and listen to the weatherman on the news station.
What do you infer happened?
What clues helped you make your inference?
*Think about experiences or emotions you have seen, heard, or felt before.*
Let's try a few!
I can swim in the water, or jump in the air. No one can catch me, no one would dare. I hop with webbed feet to my very own beat. I eat flies from the sky when my tongue reaches high. Who am I?
What animal do you think this poem is about?
What clues helped you make an inference?
What did already know about this animal?
ALICE in WONDERLAND
An inference is when we combine _________ or "our ________" with what we ______________ to come up with an ________ or _________!