Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Biology 01/12/2017
January 12th, 2017
Class Activity 2
1. Use the internet to define "Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium."
2. Try to put this definition into your own words.
5 Assumptions for Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium
* These must all be satisfied for evolution to NOT happen!
Quiz 1 Discussion
Allele and genotype frequencies in a population will remain constant from generation to generation in the absence of other evolutionary influences.
Violations of Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium: Pathways to Evolution
1. Each person has 2 cards: "A", and "a."
2. Find a person with whom to "mate."
3. Shuffle your cards and combine the top cards from each mate to create a genotype (AA, Aa, or aa).
4. One person takes on that genotype.
5. Repeat step 3. The other person takes on that genotype.
6. Mate 5 more times and write down your final genotype.