Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement
Transcript of Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement
- Trade agreement between Canada and South Korea
- Covers nearly all aspects of business from trade in goods and services, investment and environment
- Canada put a deal in place to ensure that whatever special treatment other countries receive, Canada does too
-Canada will be able to engage in tariff free trading between South Korea on most goods
What is the Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement?
Details About The CKFTA
- Non-agricultural goods
- Metals and minerals
- Chemicals and plastics
- Life sciences
- Information and communications technology
- Textiles and apparel
- Natural gas
What Items are Agreed Upon in the CKFTA?
- South Korea was Canada's 7th biggest trading partner
- Canada wasn't a major partner of South Korea but looking to break into the Aisan market
- Canada proposed the CKFTA and after 17 lawyer meetings the final product was produced
How Did it Come to be?
- Korea will remove 98.2% of duties
- Canada will remove 97.2% of duties
- Agreement was signed on March 11, 2014
-The CKFTA entered force on January 1st, 2015
- Around 95% of duties will be phased out immediately and the rest will be out within 5-10 years depending on the sector
Benefits for Canada
Benefits and Disadvantages
- Canada is entering the highly important Aisan market
- Canada will have tariff free trading with South Korea
- Provides employment opportunities across the nation
- It will level the playing field for Canadian investors
Benefits for South Korea
- Free trade with the natural resource rich Canadian Market
- Allow large companies such as Samsung or Hyundai to improve their profits
- More competitive prices in the North American sector
- Canadian tech companies like Blackberry won't be able to compete with cheaper Samsung or LG products
- Canada may being to outsource production
- South Korea will have to hire more employees in larger companies and there isn't many people looking for jobs with a low unemployment rate (3.2%)