Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Quality Issues Boeing 787 Jan 2013 - ANA Battery Thermal Runaway Loss of Control of Suppliers Jan 2013 - JAL: Battery Thermal Runaway and Fire Supplier Quality
Ability to Manage Issues
Schedule Over-runs 2003 Approval received for development for 7E7
$10B Development Cost
Light weight Carbon Fiber structure
Greater Use of Electric Architecture
Risk sharing Partners 2007 Official roll-out on 7/8/7
But... Problems already
Outer shell only
No internals or electrified systems 2007 First of FOUR delays prior to first flight...
- side of body delamination
- suppliers not able to keep up
- supplier quality issues
- material shortage 12/15/2009 Maiden Flight Problems with Suppliers
- Boeing buys out partners and facilities
- A lot of travel work
- Incomplete assemblies
- Missing documentation
- Z01-Z03 become unsellable (written off) Jan 2013 - Emergency AD by FAA
B787s Grounded Jan 2013 Battery Supply Chain Now what In Service a/c AOG Production a/c parked Supplier Quality Management Solutions www.SpartaSystems.com
888.261.5948 2008 Investigation Battery Manufacturer Battery/cell monitoring Panel/PCB PowerPack Charger Unit Integrator of Power to the Grid Overall Responsibility for the Power Architecture/APU Final Integration by Boeing We can help... Sep 2011 - 844 Orders from 57 customers @ Launch
- EIS with ANA Oct 2011 Sparta Systems Sparta Systems.com