Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CHAPTER 8 (MAINTENANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCES)
Transcript of CHAPTER 8 (MAINTENANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCES)
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITION— first things that impress or depress any worker.
appraisal of the performance of the employee.
EVALUATION FORMS COME IN VARIOUS FORMATS AND STYLES:
WHO RATES THE EMPLOYEE?
PURPOSES OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
1. HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING
GRAPHIC RATING SCALE-
one of the oldest form
compose of on-the-job behavior that are scaled from outstanding to poor
ranks the employee from highest to lowest using overall criterion like quality of work.
evaluate everyone either high or low
ESSAY AND EVALUATION-
much less formal device
CRITICAL INCIDENT TECHNIQUE-
the device consist of short stories reports of positive and negative incident that happen to employees
• Space Allocation- “Breathing Air”
• Physical Layout- Socialization
• Temperature of the work place- good cooling system
• Safety- to avoid accident
• Performance and Reward
• Setting up unit objective
• Translation of objective into performance standard
• Communication of those standards to the entire work force by group
• Measuring actual employee performance
• Comparison of actual performance with established standard
• Discussion of the evaluation with the employee
• Rewarding of exemplary performance and taking corrective action on performance that is bellow standard
the traditional rates has been the superior of the employee.
1. To guide decision on movement among personnel
2. To determine salary adjustments, pay increases and fringe benefits
3. To determine training needs.
4. To standardize procedures in effecting job assignment
5. To improve performance of substandard performers and to provide incentives to maintain, if not increase, efficiency of those who perform at far.
6. To provide basis for career planning
7. To validate criteria and procedure used in screening and selecting job applicants
8. To serve as formal records or evidences in labor management disputes in grievance procedure.
--Maintenance is the supportive function of human resources management.
CHAPTER 8 (MAINTENANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCES)
Determination of the specific branch, department, division. Where the individual assigned for work.
FACTORS IN DETERMINING WORK ASSIGNMENT:
1. REQUISITIONING OFFICE
3. DEPARTMENT, DIVISION, UNIT, SECTION
EVALUATION OF PLACEMENT- the job performance rating form should include the extent to which the worker has been currently placed.
ORIENTATION- Assistance to the newly hired employee.
Significant factor of the efficient performance and retention of workers.
• Theories of Motivation
• Technology of Behavior
METHODS OF EVALUATION-
conducting observation, interview and written tools
COMPENSATION ADMINISTRATION- the maintenance function that is most sensitive to conceptualize and operationalize
FACTORS AFFECTING COMPENSATION ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM:
1. INSTITUTIONAL FACTORS- financial condition of the organization
2. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTOR- external environment
3. PERSONAL FACTOR- values of the owners and managers
COMPENSATION ADMINISTRATION PLAN-
to put the compensation administration program on a secure and stable putting
PHILOSOPHY OF THE COMPENSATION ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM-
should be anchored on a clear rationale that is known and understood by the entire work staff.
SURVEY ON PAY POLICIES
- to assure external equity
LABOR SUPPLY AND DEMAND
- anticipated by looking at trends
FORMULATION OF OVERALL COMPENSATION POLICIES
1. What an organization is willing to pay, is able to pay and is compelled to pay.
2. Types of benefits and manner of administration
3. Determinants of rewards
quantifiable dominates much in the government sector
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS-
this basis can count more than actual performance
complexity and sophistication of the job.
4. Pay information secretary vs. openness
5. Work technology
6. Individual or Group Benefits