Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The University of Texas at Austin
Transcript of The University of Texas at Austin
50,000 undergraduates + graduates
18 colleges & schools
170 undergraduate fields of study
1,100 registered student organizations
Average net price: $14,629
Academic cost: $9,790
Big 12 Conference
2002: Sports Illustrated recognized as "America's Best Sports College"
The Texas State Capitol building is four feet taller than the UT Tower, but the Tower was built at a higher elevation, giving it a two-foot advantage.
The Littlefield Fountain commemorates UT students and alumni who died in World War I.
More UT Facts
Smokey the Cannon was built in 1953 by the university’s mechanical engineering laboratory in answer to the traditional shotgun blasts heard at Texas-Oklahoma football games. Smokey is fired every time the Longhorns score a touchdown.
UT legend says that seeing one of the famous campus “albino” squirrels on the way to an exam guarantees an A.
The Hook ’em Horns hand signal — named the top college hand sign by Sports Illustrated — was introduced in a 1955 pep rally by head cheerleader Harley Clark, Jr.