Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
South-North Water Transfer Project – Pros
Transcript of South-North Water Transfer Project – Pros
Francisco 2012-2013 Form 2 Geography Group Project
South-North Water Transfer Project – Pros
Members : Kelly Choi (11)
Natalie Kwan (18)
Natalie Lam (19)
Michelle Leung (26)
Britney Lo (27)
Joyce Tsai (31) Content
- Introductory Video
- Pros of the project
1. Social benefits
2. Economic benefits
3. Environmental benefits
4. Cultural benenfits
- References Introductory Video SOCIAL BENEFITS Relieve water shortages in over ten provinces in north and northwest China Increase the capacity of water resources Improve the efficiency of resource allocation Enhance the development of agricultural activities and increase food supply To ensure that farmers in arid northern China had access to ample irrigation water to boost grain production and other food staples Balance the nation's water supply Meet the water needs of agricultural and industrial sectors in all of these areas. In addition, the extra water flow through the canal will make it navigable throughout the year Prevent deluge due to the transference of water resources from south to north The Yangtze River has a plentiful supply of water, with 96% of the water currently flowing into the Pacific Ocean, transferring one portion to the poorly irrigated areas of the north could solve the north's water scarcity issue Since there is a demand for more water supply, this project can solve this social problem ECONOMIC BENEFITS To ensure the water supply for farming, industry and life The middle route will also bring north China economic benefit of about 80 billion RMB a year, according to experts Provide water to irrigate millions of hectares in western China but also to meet the demands of urban, industrial, and energy development in the region. Better use water resources in China because heavily industrialized northern China has a much lower rainfall and its rivers are running dry. Expanding domestic demand and promoting harmonious development, boost domestic GDP The increasing supply of water resources can promote the potential productivity of the formation of economic growth Improve the development of relevant industries, for example, dyeing and clothing industries Increase job opportunities since the project or some relevant work require a number of labours More trading between China and the resources providers, to develop the economic growth Maintain the good reputation of China as a manufacturer China is holding a higher position in the world in terms of its economic prosperity ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS CULTURAL BENEFITS CONCLUSION Reflection REFERENCES 1. http://news.xinhuanet.com/politics/2010-01/06/content_12764378_1.htm 2. http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&bs=%E5%8D%97%E6%B0%B4%E5%8C%97%E8%B0%83&f=8&rsv_bp=1&rsv_spt=3&wd=%E5%8D%97%E6%B0%B4%E5%8C%97%E8%B0%83+%E7%B6%93%E6%BF%9F%E6%96%B9%E9%9D%A2&rsv_sug3=5&rsv_sug=0&rsv_sug1=1&rsv_sug4=699&inputT=88337 3. http://www.chinawater.net.cn 4. http://en.el-emergente.com/asia-pacific/china/why-water-diversion-project-is-still-making-ripples/ 5. http://news.xinhuanet.com/politics/2010-01/06/content_12764378_1.htm 6.http://www.nsbd.gov.cn 7.http://s.weibo.com/weibo/%25E5%258D%2597%25E6%25B0%25B4%25E5%258C%2597%25E8%25AA%25BF&Refer=sina_news THANK YOU! After making this project, we have learnt about the pros of the South-North Water Transfer Project. Moreover, we have also learnt to consider things from different aspects: social, economic, environmental and cultural, instead of thinking superficially.
Lastly, this project can help to solve the problem of uneven distribution of water resources in China; we sincerely hope that it can be conducted successfully and more citizens in China can benefit. ECONOMIC BENEFITS SOCIAL BENEFITS ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS These artifacts will enrich the study of archaeology on the history of China and let us know more about the development of ancient Chinese tools and crafts. Tricolor Bowl Archaeological sites were being found Central route project
– Henan Province i. Eight (8) Tang Dynasty
ii. Bronze mirrors
and pottery figurines CULTURAL BENEFITS Henan Xichuan Xu Jia Ling Chu tomb
funerary bronzes utensils Promote regional economic development Improve living conditions in northern China Facilitate ecological environmental
restoration of the region. The total ecological benefit of this water transfer project is estimated to be 4.919 × 1010 RMB Yuan. To conclude, the South-North Water Transfer Project has good intention to solve the problem of uneven distribution of water resources.
Moreover, the project can get benefits from different aspects: social, economical, environmental and cultural. For instance, it can relieve water shortage, and also archaeological sites were being found and being protected.
Therefore, this project has imposed a positive impact on providing a long-term solution to solve the water shortage problem in China. Cultural:
1.http://culture.people.com.cn/GB/22219/5268312.html REFERENCES 2.http://www.huaxia.com/zt/zhwh/06-060/592567.html Environmental:
1.http://www.lw20.com/120120127356306.html Social & Economic: